❥Food for Thought ~Inspirational Soul Recipes ❥
We turn issues into insights, and serve mindful solutions that help you access your sweet spot of quiet strength in the storm.♡ In the spirit of beautiful honesty,
FunZen Girls Just Wanna Focus, Flow, and have Fun ♡
The Power to Shine is in Every One of Us!
Check out www.funzenbakery.com Thank you for visiting, Respectfully w/ Love
with her medication, FunZen works to keep her "Zen-gaged,"
with a clear mind and peaceful heart to protect her spirit
while recognizing her illness. Our intention is to combine
the best of East and Western medicine." - Susan Schofield (Mother)
Thus far there has been vast media attention covering Jani's mental illness. In contrast, my daughter Grace and I have experienced helping Jani find her inner light switch in the darkness to shine from within with her medication. My heart sings with gratitude for the opportunity to share FunZen (meditation made fun) that her parents Susan and Michael Schofield have given us. The diamond light of their soul's divine potential seeking manifestation as a family continues to challenge and inspire us. Here's an Oprah link to see the latest with Jani and her family.
Digging deeper and reaching higher to be part of the solution is our intention here, right now. We want to share how we serve the spirit with the Schofield's with hope vs. hopelessness, courage vs. defeat and humor vs. despair which is what most of the media coverage hasn't revealed yet. What we want to highlight is the vital missing piece of the puzzle concerning stabilizing Jani's attention. When she uses her magic mood tools to activate mindfulness she's like an angel fish in water.
My clear intention for the whole family including baby Bodhi has been "A Gandhi Peace Plan" which I'm humbled at their interest to learn; quieting down monkey mind chatter by simply taking centered breaths one zen moment at a time to hear the whisper of spirit which transcends thought.
No matter what, love never fails, which is my driving force with this family. Most of all I am honored to be an example to my daughter Grace who suggested I write this post and share our "walk the talk" side of this complex equation.
Simply put by Einstein, "When the solution is simple, God is answering."
Some of Jani's favorite Magic Mood Tools & Tips
The Brilliant Basix
1. The Miracle Diamond Breath Alignment Tool: This magic mood tool helps Jani or any child mindfully train their bodies to lift, minds to shift, and their spirits to soar. By following their heart's compass home sweet shaaaalommm on their long breath out...Exhale (whoooshhh) to re-focus inwardly, inhale lovely lavender scent, long breath out melting stress to feel tall, light, firm and zenergized (happy- calm:) With one centered breath at a time Jani is learning about diamond core stabilization to gradually build quiet strength. Tip:The miracle diamond of mindfulness activates the compassionate warrior vs. worrier within her and all of us.
2. Ice Cream Centering: When Jani screams and gets mad we gently guide her to mentally shift to her breathing. Next, she thinks of creamy dreamy ice cream and gradually lets the anxiety and tension melt. The best part is getting to have an ice cream cone to celebrate being in a better place with a bit of gratitude in her attitude. Tip: Gratitude helps us gain altitude by adjusting our attitude.
3.Bodhi Tree Centering: Saying outloud I am centered and maybe like a baby or I am centered and free like a deeply rooted Bodhi Tree... We stand like tree's breathing in through our roots. She love's animated imagery. Tip: This helps Jani ground and protect her spirit to soar, explore and roar.
4. The Little Dolphin: Jani loves water. Swimming helps her let the world go and dive inward with fun images like; being a mermaid, a dolphin or a swim instructor. She likes to give orders and shows empathy as the Latin Proverb suggests: "To learn is to teach and to teach is to learn." Tip: "Keep your cool in the pool of life."
5. The FunZen Zoo: "Finding Zen in the Zoo of Life, with FunZen". Jani's love for animals is other worldly. This is where "Spirituality meets Reality". There is a rich tapestry where Grace helps Jani zenjoy reality by showing patience and ways to not suppress but surpass her thoughts non-judgmentally yet always in sync with her meds. When Jani holds a puppy or a kitty she can sense the unconditional love. Tip: The pills are there as long as necessary or until the magic of skill mastery can take full effect in reversing the curse of the seeming problem.
6. The Magic 143 Charm: With Jani's love 4 numbers this breath drill is one of her favorites. Fully breathe in 1 (expanding tummy) pixie pause Long Breath Out 4 and 3 Ahhhh tightening tummy muscles). 143 means I love you. Tip: pass it on. ❤❤❤❤
(photo; Grace & I (lil mama) at her premiere for Kung Fu Panda, Secrets of the Furious 5.)
The Best Kept Secret is Out!
"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children" Walt Disney
I am Michiko and my daughter Grace will be adding her enchanting pixie dust to this post. The intention of this blog is to share training secrets from our Magic Mood Tool Box. Any tool becomes empowering when we pick it up; Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan reminds us that "You meaning your energy, your beingness happen to be the most powerful tool that has ever been created." Your breath is energy and following it mindfully makes it a miraculous tool to take command of your mind body and soul instrument.
I'll be updating and upgrading this post as often as I can with Tool Tips, Tricks, and Quotes. The FunZen Bakery recipes are totally organic and natural; free of chemicals, artificial ingredients and toxic additives. The Aha Candy brings clarity not cavities. LOL Actually when my book Mental Fitness was published with Weatherhill (who also published the Zen Classic "Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind") I was told that my book was like a cookbook to help people simply taste zen or enlightenment. The word spirituality resonates with sweetness like honey to add inner harmony to our overly busy lives. You already have the right ingredients inside of you to cultivate the wholesome purity of happiness; a clear mind, peaceful heart.
I'm preparing to write another book with a FunZen -Spiritual Martial Arts theme for teaching children to go within (for the insight or life lesson) or go without (the b-lesson or aha blessing). Bear in mind that zen and the living art of centering is the core philosophy behind all of the martial arts. This post gives us an opportunity to share how much we care about you finding your unique way to shine from within. Here's a quick glance of Grace today sparkling like a miracle diamond.
In the words of Bruce Lee "Be like water, my friend." Let's activate his verbal centering charm;
Exhale completely, to relax and re-focus, Breathe in Seawind to your core, pixie pause, Now, Long Breath Out AHHHH glow with the flow; stay
relaxed= let go with the quiet strength of authentic confidence from your center.
We want to personally Thank Disney Executive Producer, Michele Weiss, for planting the seed idea in our hearts to share FunZen. Again, Thank You profusely we are keeping the dream alive!
In the words ofLily Tomlin "We are all in this together, by ourselves".
Ti amo, Chocolate Kisses Muah OXOX
(Michiko and Grace)
p.s. Zenjoy enlightened living tools to build skill mastery on your journey.